Saturday, June 26, 2010

Prince Harry throws out first ball

Not the first pitch ... it's called the first ball ..

Prince Harry of Wales was at Citi Field stadium today, the home of the New York Mets, and threw out the first ball ... to great acclaim and cheers from the crowd of nearly 40,000.

He looks positively adorable in his New York Mets cap. (The Mets are my first love.) Sadly, the Mets lost to the Minnesota Twins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/7856878/Prince-Harry-throws-first-ball-in-New-York-Mets-baseball-game.html

At the same time, I was sitting, sweltering, at Camden Yards in Baltimore to see the Orioles beat the Washington Nationals. I love the Orioles and the Nats! This is interleague play ... and for me when the Nats play the Os, it doesn't matter who wins!
At least Prince Harry wore the hat of a classy team. He could have been wearing a Yankees cap ... yuck.

4 comments:

Kalnel said...

Harry was cute -- and he throws well, too. Just don't understand why he didn't come our way and see Walter Reed, as you suggested. O's-Nats was a better game, too!

Like you, my loyalties were split, although I was hoping the Nats would pull out at least one win in the series.

I loved the retro uniforms. Every time I looked up and saw "Senators" on the field, my heart beat a little faster.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Were you at the game yesterday on Sat. I was .. and today, and I was the Orioles Fan of the Game FINALLY today ... been trying for years ... nearly died of heat stroke trying to be the most spirited fan

Kalnel said...

Nope, didn't go to any of the games, but I watched them on TV. I have a friend who has access to a corporate box at Camden Yards, but it was full for this series, so I couldn't go.

Congrats on being fan of the game -- now drink some Gatorade to fix the heat damage! The field and the stands looked mighty hot...

We should have a "Royals Night" at Nats Park for us locals! Too bad the KC Royals were here last week -- it would have been a perfect fit!

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

The heat was brutal ... I drank lots and lots of water (and the Os give out free cups of ice whenever the temp hits 90 or higher.) I will be at the Nats games on Sat and Sunday ... Strassy may be pitching on Sat.

Playing the Mets ...my first love